Thursday, January 9, 2014

Something from Nothing

St. Robert Bellarmine speaks often of how God made "something from nothing" when he created us. Thus, Tuesdays' gospel, the Feeding of the Five Thousand, stood out to me.

Jesus, who had already been sent as "expiation for our sins" also managed to demonstrate to us that God -- and God alone -- can make something of nothing. It is a tremendous encouragement to me!

This little offering I have, this little bit that I fear is not enough, actually is something. It is a couple of measly fish and some tired loaves of bread but it is something. God can use my offering and multiply it as he chooses.

My part is not to judge it or belittle it or even to grow it, only to give it freely, fully and without reservation. I always want to complicate things -- to do more, to be more -- but it's not complicated. I offer what I have because that is how we love one another.

"Beloved, let us love one another because love is of God."

Love loud! Today is the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment