Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Fiat

It's interesting -- and probably not coincidental -- that on the very day I decided I would finally start this blog on my journey as a Roman Catholic, the readings would include these striking words of Mary from Luke 1:38:
"Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord.
May it be done to me according to your word."

Mary's fiat, the pronouncement by the Angel Gabriel that would change the course of history, was her opportunity to change the course of her own history.  Something about Mary's fiat -- and her "yes" -- has always spoken to me.  Even as a child, I was inspired by her solemn words of faith, "May it be done to me according to your word."
I have often found myself in a place of unknowing, of wondering and even of confusion; saying"yes" to what is is what empowers that next step in my journey.

So yes.  Yes to my life as it is, this very moment;  Yes to the unknown; Yes to a new blog recording my journey to Catholicism; YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment